[Noisebridge-discuss] Local Currency

Jesse Zbikowski embeddedlinuxguy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 22:35:30 UTC 2009

http://ithacahours.com/weprint.jpg

I now pay people in Jesse Dollars.  They're called Minutes cause I
only do dollar a minute work.  Also, half goes to my charity, People
for Human Decency.  And it's backed by a bunch of money my brother
owes me.  Only good for whiskey and cigarettes in the Tenderloin.

BUT SRSLY... it makes me wonder -- when the Fed expands the money
supply, who gets all that new money?  Do they just stack up a big pile
in the breakroom with a sign that says "EXTRA MONEY"?

Obligatory tech reference: the redoubtable Isaac Newton tried to make
England's economy work on two parallel currencies (gold and silver)
with the Great Recoinage of 1696.  Eventually people figured out they
had to pick one or the other.