[Noisebridge-discuss] radiations sensors- radioactive parts

Lee Sonko lee at lee.org
Mon Apr 27 21:19:12 UTC 2009

>  Note that this is important science to safeguard, New York City has
outlawed Geiger Counters without a permit on the
>grounds that there is no reason for the general public to have them and
they could cause a panic. Never mind that they
>were invented 105 years ago! (This is a very scary attempt to limit
information by controlling one's ability to analyze
>one's own environment!)

Yipe!
My google homework says that there was an effort to have a permit system for
geiger counters but that the bill didn't
pass. My info could be incomplete.

http://www.villagevoice.com/2008-01-08/news/nypd-seeks-an-air-monitor-crackd
own-for-new-yorkers/
http://webdocs.nyccouncil.info/textfiles/Int%200650-2007.htm?CFID=1125959&CF