[Noisebridge-discuss] distributed project management

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Tue Apr 28 22:39:06 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 03:34:29PM -0700, Praveen Sinha wrote:
> We (noisebridge) need a distributed project management thingy.  Something
> where people can collectively read/write projects and subtasks with
> dependencies and maybe things like dates and priorities.... And then have
> the project software go out and email/txt people reminding them to get stuff
> done.
>
> Anyone have any ideas/solutions for this?  Josh was reccomending pivotal
> labs, but wanted to see if anyone else out there had more suggestions...

"Recommending" is a stronger word than I had intended.  "Suggesting"
might be better.  I like their product okay, but wouldn't go so far as
to endorse it.

Trac, RT, gCode, or the current wiki can all be (ab)used to do
coordination; the real question is: how much of your workflow do you
need your tool to enforce?  Most of the time, these are people
problems, which typically don't have technical solutions.
--
Josh Myer   650.248.3796
  josh at joshisanerd.com