[Noisebridge-discuss] EagleCAD workshop on the wiki

Matt Harrington mbh.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 18:34:01 UTC 2009

I visited Noisebridge for the first time on Monday for the Eagle
tutorial.  Many thanks for putting that on.

Has anyone tried PCB Artist? ...

http://www.4pcb.com/index.php?load=content&page_id=46

I believe it's a version of Pulsonix which locks you into buying your
first order from Advanced Circuits.  After your first order, they'll
give you the Gerber files.  At least that's my understanding.
However, I read somewhere that the file formats for PCB Artist and
Pulsonix are not compatible, so maybe I have the details wrong about
their relationship.

DIPTrace also seems somewhat popular.

I'd be interested in opinions on even more alternatives in the free or
inexpensive category for any OS.  I know gEDA was mentioned and I'm
looking into that now.

--Matt