[Noisebridge-discuss] Date/location for fundraiser

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 23:46:04 UTC 2009

So Cellspace likes us (of course!) and would love for us to hold our
event there, but they're booked for every Friday and Saturday night in
October.  They're suggesting Thursday or Sunday, which I'm not too
sure about, but could work.

Many people now have suggested we just hold a fund raiser in our own
space.  Please reread my earlier email on why this is a Bad Idea.
There is a significant probability that people could get arrested and
equipment could get confiscated.  Not to mention the horrible
community relations that occur when such things happen.  Besides, I
don't think I'd want support an event where we even suggest people
give us money just to come into our space.

When talking to the cell space folks about the all ages vs. alcohol,
we will need to choose.  We either don't serve alcohol or don't let
people under 21 in.  If we don't serve alcohol, then that's a
significant amount of revenue we pass up.  The bulk of the money made
at every fund raiser I've been a part of that actually came ahead
involved alcohol sales.  I'm going to continue to discuss this with
them, but I'm not hopeful.

Christie

---
Pigs can fly given sufficient thrust.