[Noisebridge-discuss] Seeking data cable for Garmin Etrex Vista

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Aug 14 19:36:53 UTC 2009

Between leaving home and coming back from Toor I seemed to have
misplaced the data cable for my GPS, a Garmin Etrex Vista, plus a USB to
serial cable. I am highly doubtful that the cable made it back with any
of the Noisebridge gear.

I was wondering if any Noisebridgers had a cable I could borrow to get
my tracks off for the trip there (as there are a bunch of photos I'd
like to geotag). The cable fits many older Garmin devices and looks like
this...

http://www.gpsdeals4u.com/shop/media/images/product_detail/epc.jpg

As you can see the business end of the cable is weird as hell and not
something that can easily be hacked together. Will trade use of cable
for some short lanyards. Thanks.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net