[Noisebridge-discuss] need to borrow a mini-displayport adapter

Ani Niow v at oneletterwonder.com
Thu Aug 20 07:43:27 UTC 2009

Saturday I'm manning (womaning?) a video chat between some performers at an
event and another one that could unfortunately not make it due to vocal
strain but she still wants to do some kind of performance from home so I'm
coordinating a video/text chat that will be displayed on the projector.
Trouble is I lost my adapter in my recent move and need to borrow another
one.
This is for a newer unibody MacBook, the ones with the mini-displayport on
them and the projector only accepts VGA input. I had a mini-displayport to
VGA adapter but as I mentioned, it is missing and I need one to borrow very
soon. A DVI one from Apple will not work given the pin incompatibilities
between it and most DVI-VGA adapters but one from Monoprice will, otherwise
a straight up VGA adapter will be perfect.

If anyone has one to spare for Saturday that will be perfect, I only need it
for one day. And thanks in advance if I'm able to borrow one this weekend.

-Ani