[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge China trip delayed

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 26 12:30:57 UTC 2009

Hello, David, David, Christoph, Lamont, Quinn, Eric, Praveen, and others,

Sorry for the lack of communication while I've been traveling.

Mike, the head of the Contract Manufacturing company in China that I use, has postponed his trip to China for a month.  So, since the dates we can go require Mike to be there, rather than mid-September, the trip to China will be mid-October.  I'll have more details after I meet with Mike this coming weekend (I get home to SF on Thursday).  And I'll post to the list when I know the dates.

The upside of the delay is that we now have more time to put together a more organized trip, and can take some requests for what anyone interested would like to see and do in addition to seeing two manufacturing plants in China (Shanghai and Ji Ning), visit the Shanghai Electronics Mall, visit Beijing and other spots of interest to those traveling China for 10 to 14 days, and hopefully visit with some people in Shanghai and/or Beijing who are organizing hacker spaces.

Best,

Mitch.