[Noisebridge-discuss] Erlang Class Tonight

Jayson Vantuyl kagato at souja.net
Fri Aug 28 00:39:55 UTC 2009

Hey everybody,

Work has sunk its claws deep into my soul, and will not release me to
do tonight's class.  Sorry for the late notice.

I had planned to play with supervisors tonight.  If you want to study
it, take a look here:  http://www.erlang.org/doc/design_principles/part_frame.html

You'll probably be fine if you just get familiar with the Overview
(chapter 1).  Although the nitty-gritty in the next few chapters is
instructive.

In fact, you probably want to just download the documentation at some
point, as it's very useful.  Here's a tar.gz of the latest HTML
version: http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_doc_html_R13B01.tar.gz

Also, some errata from last class.  Global registration doesn't let
you do "name ! {message}".  You have to do "global:send( name,
{message} )".  That was my mistake, as I've always had gen_server do
it for me.

--
Jayson Vantuyl
kagato at souja.net