[Noisebridge-discuss] Tour NIF

Laura Khalil zazenergy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 22:52:26 UTC 2009

Hi Rachael,

YES!  We are still on for August 11th.  I should be receiving more
information in a few days from our tour coordinator about where to arrive,
etc.  When I get that, I'll pass it along to the group :)

As Rachael mentioned, if you're going on the tour (and you know who you
are!) I'd ask for you to please put your name on the wiki under my name or
Rachael's if you need a ride.

LK

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Rachel McConnell <rachel at xtreme.com> wrote:

> Laura, any changes to this info?  Also, everyone else, reminder!
>
> I did a little rearranging on the wiki page,
> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Tour_National_Ignition_Facility, about
> transportation.  If you can drive, pls put up your name to replace mine,
> or I can still get a shared car and be a driver.

> Laura Khalil wrote:
> > Hi all, I have an update to provide on this.
> >
> > Just heard back from NIF and they have space available for 9 of us (or
> > fewer) on Tuesday, August 11th.  The tour runs from 9am - noon.  In
> > speaking with their rep, this sounds totally freaking awesome.  I, for
> > one, am psyched.
> >
> > Again, unfortunately, this tour is only open to US Citizens.
> >
> > As soon as I receive the release form from NIF, I will email it along (I
> > need to get the release forms to NIF in advance of the tour).
> >
> > Tally ho!
> >
> > Laura
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 5:05 PM, Praveen Sinha <dmhomee at gmail.com
> > <mailto:dmhomee at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     I'm down... although I'm not sure how to get to livermore so early
> >     in the morning :)
> >
> >     On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Laura Khalil <zazenergy at gmail.com
> >     <mailto:zazenergy at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >         *
> >         Hi all,
> >
> >         I've recently heard that there will be a tour happening in the
> >         National Ignition Facility (NIF) on July 24th.  I've requested
> >         to attend and if anyone else is interested in carpooling with me
> >         shoot me an email.
> >
> >         I've included the details below.
> >
> >         -- Laura
> >
> >         When: Friday, July 24th, 9 AM - 1 PM *
> >         *What: *Science Tour of NIF Facility
> >         *Where: *Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA
> >         <https://lasers.llnl.gov/>
> >         *The Deets: *Due to overwhelming popularity, we're going back on
> >         a tour of the National Ignition Facility. We'll start with a
> >         short overview of the facility, move through the field of
> >         capacitors, and finally end at the target chamber. You'll have
> >         all of your questions answered and then some. This was one of
> >         the best tours I have ever been on, I highly recommend it.
> >
> >         Due to security restrictions, only US citizens will be able to
> >         attend the tour. In addition, you will need to file a tour info
> >         form by July 3rd with NIF so they can conduct a background
> >         check. Tour will be limited to 14 people. Last time, we had a
> >         number of people flake at the last minute which prevented others
> >         from going on the tour. *Please sign up only if you know you'll
> >         be able to attend.*  For more information and to sign up,
> >         email info at sciencecafesf.com <mailto:info at sciencecafesf.com>
> >         --
> >         Twitter:  zazenergy
> >         sexistentialcrisis.com <http://sexistentialcrisis.com>  - As
> >         eclectic as its author

> > --
> > Twitter:  zazenergy
> [...]

Twitter:  zazenergy
sexistentialcrisis.com  - As eclectic as its author