[Noisebridge-discuss] 501(C)(3)

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Thu Aug 6 17:40:15 UTC 2009

Hi David!

I don't see any reason we should not share this info with you but I'll
have to doublecheck that it isn't required to be private for some
reason.  There is, however, a bunch of information already up on our
wiki that relates to our 501(c)(3) application here:

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/IRS_Response_2009_06

We did not get rubber-stamped; the IRS requested additional information
from us (it was pretty clear that they don't 'get' the idea of a
hackerspace).  The link above shows the request letter and notes on our
response.  I'd definitely suggest being incredibly detailed about your
planned activities and mission.

I checked out your website and it looks like you guys have a lot of
momentum going.  Good luck with the 501(c)(3) application!

Rachel