[Noisebridge-discuss] Save the sewing

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Fri Aug 14 21:38:18 UTC 2009

Sai Emrys writes:

> FWIW, I'd be willing to loan NB my sewing machine (Singer 2638) &
> other stuff (eg embroidery hoops).

There's an ancient (in Noisebridge-years) policy against people loaning
things to Noisebridge as opposed to donating them.  This resulted from
a consensus discussion at an early meeting even before the nonprofit
was incorporated, where some members were concerned about things like
owners getting mad if somebody broke/damaged a loaned object, or other
potential kinds of conflict that might happen.

I think this policy has served us pretty well -- it's true that people
have been willing to donate lots of things outright -- although lots
of people also continue to want to loan things to Noisebridge.  Is
there any sense that we need to revisit or re-examine this?

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Qué empresa fácil no pensar en
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | un tigre, reflexioné.