[Noisebridge-discuss] Save the sewing

jim jim at well.com
Sat Aug 15 01:36:59 UTC 2009

   i take issue with the claim below at least to
some extent.
   noisebridge has share shelves and hack shelves,
and the idea is that stuff on the share shelves is
to be shared, not hacked. the stuff on the hack
shelves is up for any grabs.
   the new space should have a shared area for
stuff that we collectively want to use (e.g.
grinders, 3-D printers, LAN, soldering irons,
O'scopes, sewing machines...).
   my opinion is that it's childish and self-
damaging for a culture to allow hacking anything
and everything with no restrictions.
jim