[Noisebridge-discuss] Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters

Tom Longson (nym) tomlong at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 03:35:53 UTC 2009

One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the
time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for
my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called
Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was
the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in
those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Give me five
bees for a quarter," you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on
my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white
onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big
yellow ones...

Cheers,
Tom Longson (nym)
http://tomlongson.com