[Noisebridge-discuss] [Build] Fauna for 2169

Ceren Ercen ceren at magnesium.net
Tue Aug 18 16:05:37 UTC 2009

Miah Johnson wrote:
> Snakes totally freak me out. I'm sure others as well. Why don't we start
> out with some traps? Most traps when used correctly work within 48 hours..

Traps are absolutely useless. We have an unlimited food source
downstairs, one that we can do nothing about (the mini grocery).

Can someone help me find some of the studies on neurochemical/pineal
gland panic inducement of rodent brains from exposure to cat pee smell -
somewhere that doesn't have hippie herbal crap contaminating the science
of the information?

https://www.precisionherbs.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=9104220

Perhaps borrowing and cycling cat litterboxes through the basement might
be "enough" to discourage the rat population from hanging out in our
area. And running air filters for our fragile allergic types in the
space. :)

We are also deluding ourselves badly if we think cats haven't ever lived
in this space before. Just saying.

- Ceren