[Noisebridge-discuss] Meeting notes 18 Aug [humour]

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Wed Aug 19 17:41:31 UTC 2009

Steve Camuti wrote:
> I am in charge of painting.
>
> -Steve C

Excellent, you are welcome to it!  We were under the impression that you
had two jobs and no actual time, and were limiting your involvement to
providing loaner equipment.

My thinking on it had got as far as this (apologies if you have gone
further already):

* painting should be done after the floors are finished and after the
walls are built, but before we move in.  This kinda means either during
burning man or during the week after, around Sept 7-10 or so.

* prep on outer walls can start any time, and probably should

* the outer walls are mostly filthy and should be washed prior to being
spackled

* spackling should extend to the floor, or to within less than the
radius of a rat from it. (if that wasn't clear, the idea is to not let
rats enter from the walls. they have to use the door like everyone else)

* masking for a sprayer will take a fair amount of time & materials, and
what about masking off the floor?  I have a bunch of plastic sheeting I
can donate/loan, maybe others do too

* generally, prep will take a lot more time than actual painting, and
can start now

* a bunch of people volunteered to help with painting and I HOPE that
means they are also willing to help with painting prep!

* Gina noted that flat paint is much harder to clean and that the
kitchen area should have semi-gloss.  She thought eggshell would be fine
for the rest; my thinking is ONE kind of paint (semigloss) so as not to
have to track what goes where.

Rachel