[Noisebridge-discuss] Atlassian's Hiring a bunch. Who needs work?

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Tue Aug 25 01:02:30 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 5:22 PM, miloh<froggytoad at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am really interested in building a Cat Meditator, although I new to the
> area and lack space and tools.

What about something like the Psychesonics' yurt at Toorcamp? (See
http://www.psychesonics.org/links.html for pics.)

Dunno how many of you visited it, but it was quite nice.

Basically, it had a bunch of butt-pillows around a largish central
gauze-covered polyhedron, in the base of which was a small light
machine synced w/ some trance music (in headphones or speakers or
both).

Together with a fairly dark environment, it was actually a fairly
effective meditation induction method, sociable, and very comfy.

This'd work well together with the idea of a smaller social /
chill-out room in the space, and I think is a better use of space than
the "Meditator" thing, which AFAICT only fits one person.

If used with headphones rather than speakers, the noise leakage to the
rest of the space would be minimal.

I had a fair amount of friendly discussion with them there, have
contact info, and I think I could get their design help at least if we
wanted to do something similar.

- Sai