[Noisebridge-discuss] [Build] Electrical Tracing Party

neil maclean neil at warmcove.org
Thu Aug 27 20:26:56 UTC 2009

I just got off the phone with Jim and we made some decisions that I
really like.

I oing to bring a rolling scaffold tonight and would like help getting
it up the stairs and set up in the space. The scaffold can help us trace
circuits and later to install pipe and wire.

I would like to create a plan tonight. If we finish the circuit tracing,
we can make decisions about how to re-purpose them, take them out, or
use them as they are.

It would be great if one to three people could work with me on Friday,
(Jim is going to get the materials in the morning and then come back
later in the afternoon.)
I could use help most of the day doing stuff like carrying things
around, handing it up the scaffold, rolling the scaffold, opening boxes,
tracing circuits, pulling wires, and fastening pipe. If anyone wants to,
I could also share some basics about how to bend pipe, (its not really
that hard.)

I would like to start early Friday, like 8 or 9 in the morning. My goal
is to get the biggest run, the one to the bathroom/laundry/kitchen
finished and the one to the shop at least figured out and began.

Neil

Shannon Lee wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> Tonight at 7:00, a bunch of people are getting together at 2169 to
> admire the floor, and to give a go at finishing off the cable tracing
> -- we need to figure out where all the breakers go.
>
> The front box is all taken apart, and we won't be able to use the
> breakers themselves to trace out -- so bring tracing equipment!  I
> know I've got a tone generator and tracer kit, it's not clear to me
> whether it's suitable for tracing AC as well as low-voltage cable;
> Jim recommends a battery and a voltmeter -- we have a couple of
> voltmeters, so if you have batteries suitable for this sort of
> adventure, be sure to bring them along.
>
> See you all there,
>
> --S
>
> --
> Shannon Lee
> (503) 539-3700
>
> "Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science."

They further concluded that at least 8 detainees in US custody were
tortured to death. Steven Miles, reporting in this journal, put the
number of deaths due to torture at 17, with 11 cases occurring in Iraq
and 6 occurring in Afghanistan.[8]
<http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1868355#R8>
Many of these deaths involved torture or abuse related to harsh
interrogations of the detainees by US personnel.

from: Public Medical Records Central: a free library of Life Science
Journals
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1868355

--
"The crimes of the US throughout the world have been systematic, constant, clinical, remorseless, and fully documented but nobody talks about them"
Harold Pinter, who died on Dec. 25th, 2008