[Noisebridge-discuss] 2169 shrine

John Magolske listmail at b79.net
Fri Aug 28 16:14:19 UTC 2009

* Ani Niow <v at oneletterwonder.com> [090828 08:38]:
> I for one plan on intentionally disrespecting the shrine no mater
> if it is kept at Noisebridge 2.0 or someone's house. I will seek
> it down and paint a moustache on it, make it part of a Burning Man
> art piece or even figure out how to use it as a sex toy. I'll do
> just about anything to it just to end another unfortunately long
> discussion thread about something that is a non-issue.

I don't think this is a non-issue. We're having a conversation, not
just about this particular issue, but about how we collectively wish
to use the space in a way that works best for the (diverse) members.
Through conversations we find out what other members of the group
think, what their concerns are, and what their vision is regarding how
to set up the space.

I enjoy following certain threads on the list to find out what other's
in Nb are thinking with regard to how we work together as a community.
Threads I don't wish to read get ignored. With an appropriately
configured email client it's trivial to spot and choose not to read
posts you don't want to read (hint: threaded view).

Do you really think that your proposed 'intentional disrespect' will
truncate discussion rather that further it?

John

--
John Magolske
http://B79.net/contact