[Noisebridge-discuss] Pulled cable out of patch panel and don't know where it goes.

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Mon Aug 31 20:16:08 UTC 2009

Excerpts from Jason Dusek's message of Mon Aug 31 11:54:58 -0700 2009:
>   I restarted the wifi all by myself today; however, I also
>   pulled a blue ethernet cable out of the thingy ("patch
>   panel"?) while I was tracing the cables. I don't know where to
>   plug it back in or what it was for.

I think this might have been part of the path to the router in there
that is acting as a tunnel endpoint for the public netblock.

Not a big deal, though it seems to have knocked pony offline.

In the future, if the "noisebridge" SSID seems horked, I would recommend
just pulling the purple cable out from the white AP that hangs next to
the closet behind the electronics lab. That provides both power and
network to the unit.

If you're interested at taking a stab at getting it back online,
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Network and
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Image:Noisebridge_physical-2009-06-10.png
are probably the resources one would need.

--j