[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Toy Drive

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 22:53:20 UTC 2009

So, we're entering the Christmas season, and I was thinking....

Especially with the economy in shambles, a lot of people are out of work and
even on the streets. This sucks a lot for their children.

I saw an article a moment ago on BoingBoing touting that the Salvation Army
is only going to give toys to children of US Citizens. I think this is
bullshit.
http://www.boingboing.net/2009/12/02/salvation-army-and-o.html

A lot of Noisebridgers are privileged enough to have disposable income.
Would anyone be interested in donating a toy or two to a collection that we
can take around to homeless shelters or local schools/churchs?

Just a thought.

aestetix