[Noisebridge-discuss] Hacking examples for kids and public art collaboration

daniela Steinsapir danielast at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 19:30:06 UTC 2009

 Hi there

Bill Pollock and I are organizing a Middle School ( 10 to 13 years old)
hacking academy at a gifted learning school.
 The academy will cover an introduction to how things are made,   basic
circuit/electronics introductory lessons, and  basic software hacking
lessons. The ultimate goal of the sessions will be to have the kids come up
with one or a few small projects that they can complete in a relatively
short period of time.

  To accomplish this, we are looking  for hackers/ makers/ inventors to come
and show their projects and to work with to the kids, for like an hour.

Do you have something that you would like to share/teach and inspire the
kids  with?

 Anybody has cool websites to share  with us and for the interested
volunteer folks please email out of the list

 Please, if you do not  believe in gifted education do not respond to this
email.

---------------

 On a separate note:

 I am working also with a challenging high school and southern exposure to
create a public art project and for that  we would love to  have some help
to build the intervention/installation in a public setting.   As well, we
need help with the  electronics, cause it will involve lots  LEDS and moving
sculptures/structures.

If you are interested in helping out please email me directly too.

This a  great way also to get involve with the community and help high
school students to make a cool public art project.

 Thanks guys,

:)

www.danielast.com