[Noisebridge-discuss] Acrylic Manufacturing

Tito Jankowski titojankowski at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 23:56:34 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,
Over the past 6 months, I've had the great learning experience of working
with a local acrylic shop in Sacramento, in order to manufacture our acrylic
gel electrophoresis boxes.

I'm now looking for other acrylic machine shops shops in the Bay area that
could build this: http://www.pearlbiotech.com/, given a CAD and demo of the
device. I've found one other shop called Acrylic Art in Emryville, but their
price estimate was suprisingly 10x what we're paying currently! Do you know
any other local acrylic assembly shops? (specifically, looking for 1/32"
tolerances, so more than just the 1/16" of saw cuts).

We're want to keep the cost low in order to continue to offer this to
hobbyists for $200, rather than the $2,000 gel box other companies offer.

Also, know any companies that specialize in more simple assembly work --
such as soldering, basic gluing, and packing/shipping?

Thank you!

Tito