[Noisebridge-discuss] PG&E Bill

Jeffrey Malone ieatlint at tehinterweb.com
Sun Dec 6 23:46:05 UTC 2009

Rather than starting a new thread, I'll just revive this one.

We have received our new PG&E bill for the period of 11/4-12/4.

The bill may be viewed here:
http://tehinterweb.com/PGE/PGE120609.pdf

To summarise,  the bill is for $353.73, a drop of about $115 from the
previous bill.
 We used 2214Kwh over the period, at 71.4 per day, as compared to the
73.6 we used for the previous billing cycle.

The reason for the drop is due to a power rate drop. If you compare
the bills, you'll see the cost per Kwh in the last billing cycle was
approx $0.187880254, whereas for the most recent, it was approx
$0.131825327 -- about 1/3rd less.

I would still encourage us to look into what we can do to help reduce
power usage.  The lighting, I believe, is still the largest drain and
one of the most unnecessary ones.
The amount we're using is about $11.41/day or $0.48/hour, which seems
small, but if we were to cut out half our current lighting, we'd
likely cut our power usage by as much as a third.

Anyone have any ideas on lighting?

Jeffrey