[Noisebridge-discuss] I was asked...

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 23:12:28 UTC 2009

At the last meeting, Seth mentioned his frustration with trying to schedule
the first aid thing.  Since I've had success with this in the past, he asked
me if I could get something together.  Instead of using some formal polling
thing, I think it'd be great for people interested to just reply, suggesting
times that are good.

How many people want to do this?  Do you think you could spare some time to
fit this in?  I realize that a lot of the folks who are interested are the
ones who were too busy to make the last one, but I'm suspecting that a lot
of new folks might be interested too.  The class is totally free (although
we do ask for donations to Noisebridge) and includes actual certification.

One of the biggest benefits, though, of doing this through Noisebridge is
that it's *really fun*.  You're not taking a class with a bunch of personal
trainers who are asking silly and pointless questions, you're taking it with
a bunch of geeks who ask questions like "what would be required to reverse
engineer an AED" and cool stuff like that.  Michael, the instructor, is also
one of us and really enjoys the good time he has hanging out and sharing
knowledge.  (even if we did wind up charring the certification cards last
time.)

All we need is a general gist and recognize that it's not going to fit
everyone's availability. If you think you can spare 4 hours for this, I'd
really recommend it.

Christie
---
Why I take the road less traveled?  Oh, that's easy.  I'm claustrophobic.