[Noisebridge-discuss] Old fridge needs to go

Jeffrey Malone ieatlint at tehinterweb.com
Wed Dec 23 08:57:15 UTC 2009

Hey all...

So the older of our two fridges needs to go, preferably ASAP.

As it was previously pointed out, the sealing rubber is damaged and
fails to properly seal the freezer.  As such, it runs a lot more than
it otherwise would, and ice builds up a lot faster as it attracts wet
air in to freeze.  At the moment, ice now dominates about half of the
freezer such that the door does not close.
Previously there was interest in trying to fix the rubber seal, but no
one ever acted on it.  Presently this means that the fridge is on far
more often than it needs to be, and the freezer is almost useless.

I think the fridge should be junked, and we should see if we can get
another one.
Personally, I think we benefit from the two fridges -- I strongly
prefer not fighting rotting food to get a soda, and I think it helps
keeps the drinks that belong to Noisebridge separate from food/drink
members bring in.

I realise this is a do-ocracy, and saying "we should" about anything
is generally criticised.  However, I really would like to find some
people willing to volunteer to help us find a fridge, or ask if anyone
out there has one in reasonable condition (ie, not damaged and not
older than most of our members) that can be donated.
If we do need to buy one, do people have any potential issues with the
cost being put up for consensus?

Also, suggestions on how to dispose of this fridge cheaply and
properly would be welcome.

Jeffrey