[Noisebridge-discuss] Yearly instead of Monthly mailing list archives?

Lee Sonko lee at lee.org
Thu Dec 24 20:44:33 UTC 2009

The Noisebridge mailing list archives currently are viewable as monthly
archive files  IE:
https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/

Would it be useful if these archive files were quarterly or yearly? This
would reduce the number of files one has to manually download and search
thru to find a particular email from the past.

If set to yearly, archive zip files would be a still very manageable 5
megabytes each or so.

Downside: It would also break any current static links to emails (note the
word "December" in the link name)
IE:
https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/2009-December/0106
54.html

Upside/Downside: A yearly archives pages would contain about 12,000 messages
instead of 1,000 messages. I think it's an upside.
IE:
https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/2009-August/date.h
tml

It's always bugged me that the default archive packaging style for Mailman
is monthly.

If no one cares one way or the other, it should probably just stay as it
is... Inertia isn't all bad.