[Noisebridge-discuss] PG&E Bill

Jonathan Foote jtfoote at ieee.org
Mon Dec 7 19:19:00 UTC 2009

Purely out of my a**, the modest efficiency gains from going to
solid-state ballasts are not worth it -- it will take a long time to
recoup any costs. Even old-school transformer ballasts are not that
bad (and miles better than incandescents).

Plus, the minute I bring in a little space heater so I can get
something done in the chill I will blow any savings for decades. ;)