[Noisebridge-discuss] PG&E Bill

Jeffrey Malone ieatlint at tehinterweb.com
Mon Dec 7 19:45:40 UTC 2009

Well, the space indeed does get cold these days.
I suggest we do some weather proofing as a stopgap measure.

Either today or tomorrow I'll go on the roof and block off the vents
that are open with some duct-tape and garbage bags.  If it gets stuffy
in there, we can remove the cover from one or more vents...
We should then look into that shrinkwrap that you can put on windows
for faux-double-pane glass (I can personally attest to this stuff
working extremely well).  I can't recall how expensive this stuff
is... if it's cheap, I'll just buy some out of my pocket and do it,
but I have a feeling it'd start to be a bit more than I want to
personally spend for the all our windows...

For the lights... I think we should as an interim just look at how
many we need and where, and just pull some bulbs down from the
fixtures.  I'm betting each tube is 40-65w each, and that we can
remove at least 10 without compromising light in the space..  even if
we just end up offsetting some of what electric heaters will be using,
it'll be better in the end.

Jeffrey