[Noisebridge-discuss] [POTENTIAL DRAMA] What do people think about GW?

Rich Gibson rich.gibson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 01:47:31 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 12:07 AM, Danny O'Brien <danny at spesh.com> wrote:

> It smells a bit of overgeneralized solution right now though. I think
> a bunch of googlers got REALLY EXCITED about the many problems that a
> generalized IM-meets-delta-changes protocol might solve, in the same
> way as almost all of us have gone

I am sitting in Vienna, more than a bit drunk on good beer, and I just had
some
'had to be had' conversations with my dying father, so my inhibitions
(already normally low) are even lower.  But my opinion about Google Wave
is based on going to Google IO and asking four Wave developers how Google
Wave related to the ideas of Douglas Engelbart, and none of these
developers had ever heart of Doug Englebart.

So my official opinion, which no doubt I will regret when sober, is that
Google and Google Wave can choke and die on a big bag of dicks in
a cave.

Cheers,
Rich