[Noisebridge-discuss] seeking circuit idea: frequency to voltage

jim jim at well.com
Fri Dec 11 05:14:10 UTC 2009

off the top of or out of my whatever...

   within a portion of the audio range, sending
a signal through a capacitor will have a rolloff
such that higher frequencies pass more easily
through the cap. essentially there'd be more
power transmitted at higher frequencies, possibly
measurable as higher voltage: you might rectify
it or capture peaks or some such and drive the
display from that part of the circuit.
   for greater range, add more caps in parallel,
each cap having a different value.

   i've read that the way to get responses is
not by asking for people to reply but rather by
putting out incorrect information. i'm here to
help.