[Noisebridge-discuss] crackerdojo.com?

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Fri Dec 11 23:42:48 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 03:34:17PM -0800, Jesse Zbikowski wrote:
> I'm MILDLY curious as to the substance of David's claim, if any.  Did
> someone post photos of Dojo members violating the GPL?  Cavorting in
> Speedos with Bill Gates?  Were there meta tags saying "$0u+# B4y
> H4x0rz R W33n13z?"

Heh, it's out of questions like these that rumors are born.

All I saw when I looked was a site that appeared to be running "sed
s/hackerdojo/crackerdojo/g" on the HTML stream, including broken URIs
for stylesheets and IMG SRC and so on.  It looked like a live edit, not
a "wget -R and change the content" mirror, but I didn't go looking for a
recently-changed page to verify.

The nosebridge hack is a much better-implemented version of the same
thing, and nosebridge *is* a live stream, so I see no reason to believe
that CD isn't just a puny shadow of the original leet hack.

Both domains were registered to the same fake address last I looked,
too.

-andy