[Noisebridge-discuss] staying warm (was PG&E Bill)

John Magolske listmail at b79.net
Sun Dec 13 04:18:59 UTC 2009

* Kelly <hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com> [091212 19:54]:
> What CAN we use to cover the skylights?

Keep in mind there are sprinklers in those skylight wells that we
really can't obscure. We should also be very careful around them when
doing anything near the skylights -- when one sprinkler goes off they
all go off and only the fire dept can shut them down.

Has Jefferey's suggested sealing of the vents with duct-tape and
garbage bags been implemented? Seems like a stop-gap (pun intended)
effort that could make a noticeable difference.

Personally I value the natural light the skylights provide and would
not want to see them blocked off. It's also possible that on cold
sunny days we could see some solar gain from the skylights...not sure,
but I know it works that way with the south-facing windows in my
apartment.

John

--
John Magolske