[Noisebridge-discuss] PG&E Bill

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Sun Dec 13 10:17:45 UTC 2009

Lee Sonko wrote, On 20091213 015703:
> Rubin, go buy a large portable propane heater or heat pump and
> insulation. Install them and refill the propane / pay the electric bill
> as neehey, the cold spell broke.

When I go anywhere I'm concerned about my body temperature. This is why
I wear clothes. When I go to Noisebridge (or any building in San
Francisco that was built more then 30 years ago) I tend to wear more
clothes and eat a bunch of carbs. This works great for me and is
extremely efficient!

My two earlier responses to this thread were letting people know that
(a.) I like to set things on fire if it's easy and fun (thumbs up), and
that (b.) weatherproofing windows with shrink wrap (which we have plenty
of) is cheaper then curtains. Note that neither of these replies
actually states what should be done in regards to this problem other
people have with how cold the space is, unlike this blunt email you (Lee
Sonko) just sent to me and the rest of the list. I do not appreciate
being told what to do.

At this time I'm simply pointing out that people on this list are rather
trigger happy about stating their opinion on what should be done for
this "problem" while little to no action has been taken in the week
since the thread has been resurrected (then again I'm a bit hypocritical
here since I haven't actually been to the space in well over a week and
all I know and hear about is through communications with friends and
acquaintances that have been in the space).

Don't wait for some kind of god damn group approval for this shit. Don't
hit reply-all because you feel feel someone else was talking about
possibly doing it wrong. Just fucking go to the space and implement a
solution if you people feel it's a problem, if you don't want to
implement your version of the solution shut the fuck up. Email about it
later.

Jesus fuck people, Noisebridge used to be full of makers and doers.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net