[Noisebridge-discuss] Is there an electronic equivalent of cash?

Micah Lee micahflee at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 05:02:19 UTC 2009

> Vanilla visa (anonymous gift cards/credit cards) are still sold by
> Rite Aid on Market in the financial district (the pain to set up is
> where to find the cards). If you pay in cash for the cards, you have
> an anonymous gift credit card. And, its a credit card like any other.

This is the easiest way I think. I think you might even be able to set
up a PayPal account and attach it to one of these. At the very least,
you can "donate" to a PayPal account anonymously with one of these.

Also, it's old fashioned and not very internet-ish, and there are a
couple barriers to total anonymity, but all US Post Offices sell money
orders. If it's less than something like $700 you're good, and it
costs $1. You can buy them in cash, and they aren't attached to you in
any way, but are as good as a check. If you want to pay someone and
make sure you're anonymous, there's still security cameras at post
offices, fingerprints on the money order and envelope, and of course
which post office you send it from.

Micah