[Noisebridge-discuss] spacebridge? hackers(in)space?

Mikolaj Habryn dichro at rcpt.to
Thu Dec 17 18:44:43 UTC 2009

Excellent! Is there any chance that we're all going to be around
Noisebridge anytime this weekend to scheme? Late Sunday afternoon
(6pm-ish)? (and do you all have wave accounts? My desperate search for
a use case continues....)

m.

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:08 PM, Christie Dudley <longobord at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah!  As I was saying when we last spoke, I think this is a really cool
> idea.  I'm still waiting to hear back from my space people (they say maybe
> by early January.  I must confess that the longer I wait, the more
> discouraged I get, but I'm still hopeful.)  I'm terribly busy right now, but
> I'd definitely be interested in looking at this.
>
> Christie
> ---
> Why I take the road less traveled?  Oh, that's easy.  I'm claustrophobic.
>

> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 9:45 PM, Brian Molnar <brian.molnar at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I have been *VERY* interested in doing this for some time now, so if you
>> want some help, I'm definitely down. Plus I'm very willing to contribute
>> financially.
>>
>> - Molnar
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 9:14 PM, Mikolaj Habryn <dichro at rcpt.to> wrote:
>>>
>>> There's been lots of articles of late about school kids sending
>>> weather balloons with cameras up to 100,000 feet for peanuts and
>>> getting amazing pictures. These projects kinda lack ambition -
>>> although I'll confess to being grudgingly impressed nonetheless.
>>>
>>> By contrast, these guys are my heros -
>>> http://www.members.shaw.ca/sonde/ - they carry a glider up with a
>>> home-built autopilot that navigates back to where they're waiting for
>>> it (sometimes upside-down). Their stories are the reason that I have a
>>> 2.6m r/c glider in my cube at work (that I'm too scared of to actually