[Noisebridge-discuss] Duplicating another area of the screen in osx?

Brian Molnar brian.molnar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 01:41:54 UTC 2009

If you use the Display menu bar item, it has a specific menu item that says
"Turn (On|Off) Mirroring". I tested this on my laptop and it took about
three to four seconds for the switch to happen, during which both screens
were blank.

I'm not sure what heuristic they use for window placement going from
multi-display -> mirrored mode -> multi-display, but you might have to drag
a window back over to the other display after coming back from mirrored
mode. Might be worth an experiment.

But at the very least the toggle is located conveniently in the menu bar.

- Molnar