[Noisebridge-discuss] [drama] Noisebridge has a (potentially) newcommunication medium: The Noisebridge ning network!

Noise Bridge noisebridgening at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 11:29:41 UTC 2009

a thousand apologies if i just screwed up the nesting in the archive somehow
but for some reason the email i'm going to reply to (as well as a few
others) wasn't sent to me and i had to read it after the fact in the
archives. so now i'm kinda manually adding it in and hoping it nests right.

here's the email i'm responding to:

-----

I think what you're doing is interesting. I personally wouldn't use such
a forum. I guess if we needed one, we can just run one on Noisebridge
hardware (we probably have better legal help than ning, I guess).

With that said, is there a real demand for a forum? I see one tally in
favor so far? I'd say: "probably for people who like forums but dislike
mailing lists, irc and in person communication."

Though I do have to say - I rather dislike that on the ning site, you
look like you speak for the entire group. Your handle is 'Noise Bridge"
on the ning site - that's not very excellent. The only telltale sign
something is amiss is that you spelled it "Noise Bridge" rather than
Noisebridge. I'm guessing not many people would catch that.

Additionally, I'm not sure that I trust ning with a social network graph
relating to Noisebridge... Why should anyone trust them? Or you? ;-)

All the best from Egypt,
Jake

-----

yeah that's exactly what the ning was made for. for the layman who might not
take to the mailing list or IRC too well but know their way around a forum
well enough and want an easy place to lay down some ideas.

The Noisebridge name is there as basically a generic placeholder for the
creator account since i didn't want to make it personalized and make it feel
like i was trying to represent the whole (so, 'Noisebridge' made the
network, not 'Joe Shmoe'). i won't use it to comment and i only used it once
to make a topic beyond the introduction to add some initial content. i plan
on adding my personal account later on as things (hopefully) pick up. i've
reached the point where i'm just gonna sit back and wait to see if anyone
finds some use out of it.

have fun in Egypt (unless you're back, then WB)