[Noisebridge-discuss] Promethius Radio LPFM internships - applic by Feb 15

Nana nana at yak.net
Wed Feb 4 06:16:36 UTC 2009

---from our friends at http://nospray.org/ (Brooklyn NY),
-nana

Announcing Prometheus Radio Project Spring/Summer Internships

*Deadline to Apply: February 15, 2009*

More information below, write info at prometheusradio.org for an application:

The Prometheus Radio Project builds, supports, and advocates for
community radio stations that bring together and empower local,
participatory voices and movements for social change. To that end,
Prometheus strives to demystify technologies; illuminate the political
process that governs access to our media system; and demonstrate the
powerful effects of media on our lives and our communities!

*General Information:*

The Prometheus Radio Project is looking for interns to work with us from
March 30th to September 25th. 2009.  We have four paid internship
opportunities for people interested in working out of our Philadelphia
office for 32 hours a week during this 6 month period.  Interns will be
compensated $800 monthly.  Interns must attend a mandatory orientation
week from March 30th - April 3rd in which they will have an
opportunity to learn about a wide variety of topics including the
history of Prometheus and the Low Power radio movement, basic radio
engineering, as well as consensus-decision making, non-profit
management, and legislative organizing.

Prometheus also offers numerous unpaid internship opportunities
including internships for college credit, and shorter term more flexible
unpaid internships and various other volunteer opportunities.  E-mail
internships at prometheusradio.org if you are interested in these.

For more information http://prometheusradio.org/content/view/28/158/
-----