[Noisebridge-discuss] End-all-be-all electronics poster?

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Mon Feb 9 04:43:50 UTC 2009

David (dstaff) and I are hanging out next to the e-lab, and I
mentioned one of my dreams: a collection of pinouts and standards
(74xx, transistor packages, resistor color codes, etc), all printed
out relatively small but big enough to read, on laminated sheets, on a
ring clip.  Then, you just need to grab a quick cheatsheet and flip to
the right page.

He made the obvious improvement: just make it a damned poster!  This
would be really hand, and I'll bet lots of people would love to have
them.

The question is then: what belongs on the poster?

- 74xx pinouts
- transistor packages (and how to orient them)
- PIC pinout
- Atmel/arduino pinout
- resistor codes (color?)
- common op amp pinouts (386 and 741)
- 555 timer (and 556?)
- common computer pinouts (serial and parallel)
- LED (which lead is longer)

What else belongs on here?

(And who can help with lineart? =) )
--