[Noisebridge-discuss] Announcing Twitfilter 0.1

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 11:35:31 UTC 2009

Hey all,

After spending way too many painstaking hours learning how to make/edit
firefox plugins, I have managed to integrate the shell script I wrote before
into a workable plugin. I use the word "workable" very loosely, as I still
haven't been able to get it to work fully reliably... I've gotten up to four
messages sent our before it dies. Probably something in the javascript.

So for those who missed the previous email: this allows users to specify a
list of their twitter friends, and send a mass direct message to all of
them. It hackfully solves the "groups" issue we've been dealing with since
day 1. If anyone wants to alpha test it, I uploaded it to
http://pinky.ratman.org/~aestetix/twitfilter.xpi<http://pinky.ratman.org/%7Eaestetix/twitfilter.xpi>.
I'll work on improving stability (and fighting with the twitter server) over
the next couple of days, but I wanted to get the idea and the "product" out
there for people to share and contribute.

I apologize for the undoubted array of bugs and complete lack of
documentation, which I blame on having been up too late, coding for far too
long. Seems I have too much free time these days :)

aestetix