[Noisebridge-discuss] East Bay Free Skool Needs Teachers, and Participants!

frenzy frenzy at hackbloc.org
Thu Feb 19 05:02:32 UTC 2009

East Bay Free skool is happening! go to a class/teach a class~!

Hi, I just wanted to let folks know that the East bay free Skool is in
full swing, classes started Feb 15th and we are finishing up our March
calendar. We are just starting so we wanted to do out reach and let
folks know that there are awesome free classes people can take and teach.

You can find the February Calendar online, and soon the March one as well.

You can also find the teacher submission form for anyone who would like
to teach a class.

Our website is: http://eastbayfreeskool.00-org.info/

Email us: eastbayfs at gmail.com <mailto:eastbayfs at gmail.com>

This is our Mission statement:

Free skool east bay is an opportunity for people to come together to
share skills and knowledge in a non-commercial setting, to strengthen
the community. We believe that free education is a way to achieve
equality and freedom. Everybody has something to teach and something to
learn. By stepping out of our traditional teacher-pupil roles, we can
strengthen our self-reliance and the DIY(do it yourself)ethic. Only by
sharing out skills and talents, can we as a community break away from
the commodification and hierarchy of society.