[Noisebridge-discuss] hacklab.to LED sign engineering

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Tue Feb 3 10:28:02 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 02:24:51AM -0800, Jonathan Lassoff wrote:

> Actually, this is very dissimilar from our sign. The sign we have is
> manufactured by JVF and consists of one solid board of lights rather
> than separate modules as shown here.

Err, ours has four daughterboards of lights which aren't entirely
dissimilar from these.  I didn't know the manufacturer offhand,
though, so apparently Canada actually was a hotbed of LED sign
manufacture.  What a curious fact...

(Also, Nils has been doing excellent things.  I'm hoping he has solid
progress to share before he disappears from our fair coast for a week.
Time will tell, but it's exciting progress.  It's nice to have someone
who does micros for real working on this, instead of me, who's
cutting-edge circa 1987 or so.)
--
Josh Myer   650.248.3796
  josh at joshisanerd.com