[Noisebridge-discuss] End-all-be-all electronics poster?

Jonathan Foote jtfoote at ieee.org
Mon Feb 9 19:36:03 UTC 2009

Awesome idea!

Other suggestions:

    o Power supply pinouts/color codes  (ATX, etc)

    o I would add part numbers/pinouts of common optoisolators &
drivers.  (Those and op-amps are more useful to me than 74xx, which
you can guess is  TTL -- and thus look up -- by the 74xx number.)

   o Capacitor value codes in nF and uF

    o JEDEC package type codes (e.g. DIP, SOIC) and surface-mount size
codes with footprint examples

May be stretching it, but other geeky stuff:

    o ucontroller & uprocessor family taxonomies?

    o 1- and 2-D barcode examples (Code 39, 93, 128B, UPC, Codabar, QR)?

    o international power socket pinouts and voltages

I recall seeing some cc-licensed electronics line art, but naturally
can't remember where.

Oh, and how about Inkscape (open-source SVG editor) for layout?