[Noisebridge-discuss] Bio Hackers and geniuses, I want to use electronics to work with dna somehow

Praveen Sinha dmhomee at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 20:56:57 UTC 2009

Hey William,

A low cost microarray spotter would be a cool project, although we'd
still have to be able to fragment, amplify and dye our oligos or
whatever.   I am definitely all for advocating novel uses of inkjet
printers though :)  (I worked at a microarray company so I'm really
familiar with how much of a pain in the ass it is to print these
things).

   http://dspace.mit.edu/handle/1721.1/42405
       ^^ here's an interesting paper/thesis on microarray and low
cost microarray fab

Let's get together sometime and talk!

Cheers,
Praveen