[Noisebridge-discuss] CQ CQ CQ de KA6RCQ

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Fri Feb 13 21:20:00 UTC 2009

Encapsulated within <4995D53B.2080609 at gmail.com> on Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 12:16:59PM -0800, Michael Shiloh <michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com> wrote:
> From: Michael Shiloh <michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com>
> To: "noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net" <noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net>
> Subject: [Noisebridge-discuss] CQ  CQ CQ de KA6RCQ
>
> I just found out that Jeff, like me, is a ham (amateur radio operator).
> I was going to write to him privately but then realized there are
> probably more hams and possibly people interested in ham radio on this list.
>
> A small group of us have started a very informal mailing list to discuss
> topics common to both hams and the various other
> electronic/hacker/burning man cultures. There is no specific focus. We
> have discussed communication on the playa, participation in maker faire,
> bringing a ham presentation to dorkbot, and various ham projects like
> antennas, SDR, repeaters, and DTMF remote control of machines via ham
> radio. Like dorkbot, there anything interesting to those involved is by
> definition appropriate.
>
> For lack of a better title, we (very informally) call ourselves dorkbot
> hams.
>
> I invite anyone interested to reply to me and I'll add you to the list -
> so far it's not a formal mailing list but just a list of addresses in my
>  address book.

Hey Michael,

I am also a ham but have been inactive for several years. I would love to get in touch with other SF amateur operators.

Along a similar vein: I just setup a new HF (10-30m) vertical pointing out the window, and am not getting much with the propagation the way it is these days. Would any SF hams be interested in a HF sked?
Is there a local VHF or UHF repeater that's popular?

73 de kg6thi (jof)