[Noisebridge-discuss] using noisebridge as a place for a nert class?

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 23 23:05:20 UTC 2009

> Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 13:10:20 -0800

> From: adi at hexapodia.org

> To: michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com

> Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] using noisebridge as a place for a nert class?

> CC: noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net

> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 12:27:02PM -0800, Michael Shiloh wrote:

> > i've never done this because i couldn't find the space.

> > would noisebridge be willing to host this, schedule and class size

> > permitting?

> > how many can fit in noisebridge, in a classroom setting?

> 20 people attempting to have an actual class at 83c is going to be, um,

> exciting. It's your call if you want to try to pull it off, though.

> There are plenty of places you can freely or cheaply reserve classroom

> space with chairs+tables for 20; off the top of my head, I'd ask SFPL,

> Arriba Juntos, and ATA. (Although hmm, I don't see an option for the

> Misison Library.)

> -andy

It will be tight, but it would be fun to have 20 people taking the class at Noisebridge.  And it would introduce a bunch more cool people to the space.  Michael, you've been to Noisebridge, and know the size.  What do you think?  We had more than 20 people at Five Minutes of Fame on Thursday, and it worked out well.  We could set the table aside, as we did for FMoF, and set up chairs so people can see the projector and instructor.

Mitch.