[Noisebridge-discuss] Internet down

ian ian at sonic.net
Tue Feb 24 00:47:33 UTC 2009

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 16:24, Andy Isaacson wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 04:05:35PM -0800, ian wrote:
>>  The internet at 83c is down.
>>
>>  The problem appears to be that the cable isn't passing traffic. I'd
>>  guess maybe someone forgot to pay the bill.
>
> Try rebooting it, etc.  Sigh.  We believe we're paid up, but Comcast
> has
> been asstastic before.

Ya. I kicked it a couple times. It didn't work. It's possible there's
some dhcp problem too, since it's one of those things where it only
issues a lease to one MAC and stuff.

The "I'm connected and working" light is on, fwiw.

>>  The dsl is up, but I can't login to the soekris with the password in
>> the
>>  envelope, so I can't conigure it to actually use the dsl.
>
> My bad, I should have written down the new password.

Hm. I'd say call me with it, but I'm actually going to class soon.

I think we're just going to pull some ethernet into the main room and
share the dsl with someone's mac. Viva la path of least resistance!

-Ian