[Noisebridge-discuss] [Fwd: $100 wallwart linux computer]

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue Feb 24 23:27:18 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 03:07:02PM -0800, Michael Shiloh wrote:
> a friend turned me on to this. seems incredibly cool, and i'm surprised
> the linux lists aren't lighting up. perhaps i'm missing some huge flaw.

It's "just" another ARM SoC.  The BeagleBoard is a competitive product
from TI -- a bit more powerful, a bit more expensive ($150 with DVI,
audio, and more peripherals).  The Gumstix are a previous generation, up
to 400 MHz and in the same $100-$200 price range.

So this isn't exactly a groundbreaking product.  It's nice, but we've
been here for a while.  Good of Marvell to join us. :)

-andy