[Noisebridge-discuss] There is no way to protect/gpl plasmids, proteins, cells in synthetic biology help!

Jonathan Foote jtfoote at ieee.org
Thu Feb 26 20:54:59 UTC 2009

So what exactly is the problem?

As far as I can tell, we are nowhere close to having anything
protectable, let alone valuable enough that someone else would want to
copy it.
If you start worrying about this kind of thing now, you will thrash
and accomplish nothing.

To steal someone else's intellectual property: "Just do it."  Worry
about IP issues when you have some IP.